Literally this is an easy recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the delectable Cottage/Shepherd's Pie for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Cottage/Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage/Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need of Ground Beef or Lamb (I used Ground Beef).
- You need of Large Onion, diced.
- It's of Carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Dried Rosemary.
- It's of or Red Wine.
- Prepare of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Beef Stock.
- You need of Frozen Peas.
- It's of For the mashed potato topping:.
- Prepare of Potatoes (7-8 medium sized potatoes), peeled and cut in.
- You need of Whole Milk.
- Prepare of Unsalted Butter.
- It's of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Egg Yolk.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper,.
Cottage/Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a large skillet preheated over medium-high heat add the olive oil with ground beef. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes while breaking it up with a spatula until it’s no longer pink..
- Add onions and carrots, season them with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they have developed some color and started to soften. Add the garlic, ketchup, worcesteshire sauce, dried rosemary and paprika and cook for another minute..
- Add the wine and cook it for about a minute or until it has reduced slightly..
- Sprinkle beef with the flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes..
- Add the beef stock and let it come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened..
- Stir in frozen peas and cook until warmed through for about 2-3 minutes..
- For the mashed potato topping:.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and add some salt. Bring to a boil, cook until soft for about 15-20 minutes and drain. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth..
- In a small saucepan, heat together the milk and butter so it’s nice and warm. Add the warm milk and butter to the mashed potatoes along with some cheddar cheese and mix everything well. Season with 1/2 tsp of paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Add the egg yolk and mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees..
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large baking dish with some non-stick spray, add the meat mixture and then top it with the mashed potatoes. Spread it evenly and place it in the oven and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are golden brown..
I will just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Cottage/Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, charm get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com