Literally this is a simple recipe just following the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Shepherd's Pie for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need of half & half.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need of cracked pepper.
- You need of egg yolk.
- You need of canola oil.
- You need of small onion, diced (about one cup).
- It's of carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- Prepare of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare of ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of cracked pepper.
- It's of flour.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of beef broth.
- It's of ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- You need of Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- Prepare of frozen peas.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
I will just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you simply follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests something like this article, make smile way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com