A Proper Cottage Pie.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just like the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the delectable A Proper Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook A Proper Cottage Pie using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A Proper Cottage Pie
- It's of Filling.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- You need of carrots.
- Prepare of celery.
- It's of onion.
- Prepare of red wine.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- It's of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It's of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
- It's of Mash.
- Prepare of butter.
- It's of salt.
- You need of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- You need of water.
- You need of chopped parsley flakes.
- Prepare of evaporated milk.
- It's of Topping.
- Prepare of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
A Proper Cottage Pie step by step
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
I want just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory A Proper Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests all but this article, occupy gate us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com