Low carb stuffed peppers. I've been looking for ways to use up our ground venison burger. My husband enjoys hunting and the start of the season is less You'd never know these low carb stuffed peppers were made with venison instead of beef. Adding tomatoes is one way to hide any gamey taste.
Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
Enjoy these traditional savory stuffed peppers without all the extra carbohydrates!
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just taking into account the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Low carb stuffed peppers for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook Low carb stuffed peppers using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low carb stuffed peppers
- You need of ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare of onion, diced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of cauliflower, cooked and finely chopped.
- You need of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare of egg.
- It's of dried basil.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese.
- It's of marinara sauce.
- You need of salt and pepper.
You can use any kind of ground sausage, hot or mild, your choice. Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers with Turkey Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, and Mozzarella from Kalyn's Kitchen are a favorite that's been really popular on Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Poblanos from Kalyn's Kitchen have lots of delicious southwestern flavors in. Low carb stuffed peppers are so good! Stuff your peppers and add them to your baking dish.
Low carb stuffed peppers step by step
- Cut peppers in half and remove stem and seeds. Blanch in boiling salted water until SLIGHTLY softened. Do not overcook..
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent..
- Combine onion mixture, tomatoes, cauliflower, seasonings, egg and 1/2 cup cheese with ground beef or turkey and combine well..
- Stuff blanched peepers with meat mixture.
- Put 1/2 marinara in bottom of large baking dish. Arrange stuffed peppers on top and top with remaining sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and bake at 375F until internal temp is 155F aprox 1 hour.
- Remove covers and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted..
Add two tablespoons of water to the bottom of the dish and then cover tightly with foil. These low carb stuffed peppers are the perfect family friendly healthy dinner! Full of lasagna flavor without a bunch of carbs! Friends, I'm officially home from my trip to Destin and I'm back to cooking real food and trying to eat healthy. It's always such a rough transition going from vacation to real life again.
I want just to let you know recipe already tested, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Low carb stuffed peppers. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, charm right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com