Low Carb Cottage Pie.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just taking into account the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Low Carb Cottage Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Low Carb Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Cottage Pie
- You need of coconut oil.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's of onion, finely chopped.
- You need of carrots, finely chopped.
- You need of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- It's of beef mince.
- It's of tomato paste.
- You need of beef stock.
- It's of red wine.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of dried thyme.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It's of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- It's of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- It's of plain yoghurt.
- It's of nutmeg.
- It's of coconut oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Low Carb Cottage Pie step by step
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
Just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Low Carb Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, keep amused right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com