Low Carb Cottage Pie.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just taking into account the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Low Carb Cottage Pie for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Low Carb Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Cottage Pie
- You need of coconut oil.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of onion, finely chopped.
- You need of carrots, finely chopped.
- You need of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- You need of beef mince.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of beef stock.
- You need of red wine.
- It's of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's of dried thyme.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- It's of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Low Carb Cottage Pie instructions
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
Just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Low Carb Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests not far off from this article, make laugh read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com