Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls. Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef, onion and rice, covered in a sweet and tangy tomato sauce and cooked in a slow cooker. Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Slow cooker cabbage rolls are moister and more flavorful than ones baked in the oven.
Depending upon how long you're gone for the day and how hot your slow cooker cooks, you might find it over cooks.
Now ooh and ahh with your family.
Yummy and less work than the real cabbage rolls.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just subsequently the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
- You need 1 head of cabbage.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of small onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (Do Not drain).
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
There is no rice in this recipe, because I don't like rice in my cabbage rolls. Spary crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble the raw ground turkey (or beef) and spread along bottom of crock pot. Short on time but still want cabbage rolls?
Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Remove cabbage core with knife & discard outer leaves..
- Bring pot of water to a boil & add head of cabbage. Cabbage will begin to loosen as it boils. Gently peel away leaves with a tongs & set aside one by one. (8 leaves should work but if you want to make more you can by doubling the recipe)..
- In large bowl add ground beef, chopped onion, egg & seasonings. Mix with your hands..
- Now it's time to roll! Place meat into the center of a cabbage leaf; roll & tuck. Then fold in both sides & roll again so that it's tightly rolled. Repeat this process until meat is gone or you've use up your cabbage leaves..
- Coat bottom of crockpot with a little bit of olive oil so your rolls don't stick. Place cabbage rolls into the crockpot seam side down. Pour soup & diced tomatos over top. (If you doubled the recipe to make more, you can layer the rolls ontop of one another but in between each layer pour a little soup & diced tomatos so as all the rolls are covered). Then add a little more seasoning salt & pepper on top..
- Cook on low for 8 hrs or until rolls are tender. Sprinkle a little bit of parsley flakes for a garnish & serve with white rice or mashed potatoes(optional). ENJOY!.
This easy recipe can be made in your slow cooker or electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot). Delicious cabbage rolls made in the slow cooker! Slow Cooker Mushrooom-Lentil Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. I admit it, I'm a cabbage roll newbie. Like, I said, I'm new at this cabbage roll business.
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, make laugh approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com