Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings. How To Make Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken. And since so many are asking, although I have and love my Instant Pot, I still love my slow cooker! Here is another DELICIOUS slow cooker recipe I want to share with you!
My niece recently moved into her first apartment and bought her first Crock Pot.
As a full-time teacher, she has been looking for easy She called me the other day to share this delicious Santa Fe Chicken recipe.
Everything can be prepared the night before - pop in.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just taking into account the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings
- It's of Chili Ingredients.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 medium of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 of 10-ounce can enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 of 8-ounce can tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of 6-ounce can sliced black olives.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder *.
- It's 1 tsp of sea salt (* see note on salt).
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of cornmeal dumplings.
- It's 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of roma tomato, diced.
- You need of extra sliced black olives.
- Prepare of green onion, diced.
- You need of sour cream.
- It's of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Combine chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in crock pot. Season chicken with salt on top. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Santa Fe Chicken Crock Pot Recipe is so easy!
Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings step by step
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir often to break up the lumps until the ground beef loses it's pink. Drain excess grease and transfer to a crock pot..
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, olives, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin. Cover and slow cook on low for 7-8 hours. Skim off any fat that collects on the surface of the chili..
- About 20 minutes before the chili is done, bring the water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce heat to low and continue whisking until very thick..
- Drop the cornmeal mixture by tablespoons onto the chili. Increase the crockpot temperature to high, cover, and let the dumplings cook through. About 15-20 minutes..
- Serve chili hot with some of the dumplings. Garnish with, tomato, black olives, green onion, sour cream, and cheese..
- * Note on salt content - The type of enchilada sauce you use seems to effect the saltiness of this dish. I used La Preferida this time and it seemed just a wee bit salty. I suggest using 1/2 teaspoon of salt instead of 1 teaspoon and then salt according to your your taste toward the end of the cooking process..
- * Note on chili powder - I prefer to use Morton & Bassett brand. It is the best chili powder there is IMHO. I have made this chili with other brands before and it never turns out as good..
Toss everything in the slow cooker and come home to dinner ready and waiting. Try Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken for a really easy and frugal meal! The recipes calls for a pound of chicken but you can easily adjust. Not everything that comes out of your kitchen has to be gourmet and fully homemade. Enter this recipe passed along to me by a friend for her version of Crock-Pot Chicken & Dumplings.
I want just to let you know recipe already tested, you handily follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Crockpot Santa Fe Chili with Polenta Dumplings. If you have questions or requests something like this article, please admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com