Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja. Look no further; this Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja is a unique but delicious meal to try! The moment I saw this meal, I knew I must try it in the slow cooker. Add on top of the meat the onion, bell peppers, olives, and garlic cloves.
TODAY's Natalie Morales lets us into her home and shares why ropa vieja, a classic shredded beef stew, is such an important dish and how it's now come in.
A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level.
The happy outcome is this scrumptious recipe for slow cooker Cuban ropa vieja.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just when the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- You need 2 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of minced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of dice red bell peppers.
- You need 3 clove of minced garlic.
- It's 1/4 cup of minced cilantro.
- Prepare 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green olives.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of water.
Ropa Vieja means "old clothes" in Spanish. Old clothes tend to be shredded and so is the beef. Stir steak, olives, and cilantro into sauce. Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja (Cuban Beef Recipe) Cuba's National Dish is fabulous on sandwiches or served with traditional rice, beans, and plantains.
Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja step by step
- Brown meat and season with salt & black pepper..
- Drain and add onions, garlic, & peppers..
- Cook 3-4 minutes..
- Add meat mixture to slow cooker and add cilantro, tomato sauce, 1 1/4 cups water, olives, & spices..
- Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours..
- Remove bay leaves and serve over rice..
However, as-is it's low carb, paleo, gluten free and keto! With slow cooker and pressure cooker instructions, you can make this delicious recipe in either your crock pot or Instant Pot! To celebrate the release of my new cookbook, Paleo Power Bowls, I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes from the book - Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja. So, today I let my slow cooker do all the work and it made me this wonderfully delicious Chicken Ropa Vieja. I had Chicken Ropa Vieja for the first time recently and loved how it was both extremely flavorful and very uncomplicated.
I will just to let you know the recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the savory Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, interest right to use us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com