Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker. Because I'll be on the quinoa enchilada casserole diet immediately upon returning home. It's a spin off of this popular recipe. But since we're heading into the Fall, let's dust off those slow cookers and put them to work.
MORE+ LESS Combine the quinoa, water, onion, garlic, red pepper, black beans, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles, corn, lime juice, cumin, chile powder, and cilantro in a slow cooker.
Am I the only one ready to jump on a permanent blanket, with a glass of apple cider, and to eat all the comfort foods for this season?!
Making this Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just past the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cans (10 oz.) of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It's 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of water or unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It's 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- It's 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice, divided.
And this Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole is a perfect dish. Spicy, from-scratch blender enchilada sauce mixed We made this casserole, Pesto Quinoa, Quinoa & Black Bean Salad, and we still had some leftover for eggs with quinoa and black beans. This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one-pot meal (yay!). To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker.
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..
Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add. This Slow Cooker Quinoa Enchilada Casserole is incredible easy to prepare and it tastes amazingly delicious! If you've ever made these Quinoa Tacos I shared last year then this slow cooker meal will taste very similar to you. You get all the Tex Mex flavors paired with nutritious quinoa and protein. We're starting with breakfast and moving our.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker. If you have questions or requests re this article, make smile get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com