Albondiga soup. Into the bubbling soup you drop meatballs made with ground beef or ground turkey and rice. The meat creates its own additional broth for the soup. Carrots, green beans, and peas are also usually added to the soup.
Albondigas soup is a delicious Mexican recipe filled with meatballs, vegetables and spices!
Packed full of flavor, this simple Albondigas soup is sure to become a favorite.
Enjoy it with warm flour tortillas or with some tacos , but be prepared to fall in love with this simple albondigas soup recipe.
Literally this is an easy recipe just gone the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the delectable Albondiga soup for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Albondiga soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Albondiga soup
- Prepare 14 oz of beef broth.
- It's 46 oz of chicken broth.
- It's 15 oz of whole kernal southwest corn w/ peppers.
- You need 15 oz of peas and carrots.
- It's 10 oz of diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- It's 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo.
- It's 1 can of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of white or jasmine rice-uncooked.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dried crushed mint.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 6 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 dash of dried onion.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 dash of garlic powder.
The other wingman in this recipe is the tomato broth. You may recognize it as the broth from our Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's a common base for Mexican soups and there really should be a designated name for it so that more people get familiar with it. Drop meatballs in the soup (Make sure the soup is slightly boiling, the meatballs need to be cooked quickly).
Albondiga soup step by step
- Blend to to sauce, diced tomatoes and chipotle peppers together to create sauce. At this time I add a little garlic powder too. About 2 dashes also..
- Add broths, tomatoes w/ chiles and sauce to pan. Let simmer while you make the meatballs..
- In a large mixing bowl, add hamburger meat, onions, mint, uncooked rice, salt and pepper, egg, and breadcrumbs. Mix all together and form into medium sized balls..
- Preheat oven to 350* Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. And add meatballs uncovered. Cook on high 350 for about 20 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink inside. Its OK if they get a bit crispy on the outside they will continue cooking in the soup..
- Add the rest of the Ingredients to the pot and continue to simmer while meatballs are in oven. Right before meatballs are do e bring your soup to a boil. Drop meatballs one by one Into soup. Boil for 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes..
- Serve with any toppings you would like. I personally make it even hotter and add Valentina hot sauce to my bowl and some sour cream. Yummy!.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. You could top the soup with cooked rice, or just by itself. This is a OK meatball soup. But as I am mexican and being raised on mexican food, thats all I can really say about this soup. It was bland and was missing a whole lot of veggies.
I want just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delectable Albondiga soup. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, make laugh log on us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com