Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup). Albondigas soup is a traditional Mexican meatball soup ("albondigas" means "meatballs" in Spanish) that my mother has How to Make Albondigas Soup. A simple soup base is made with sautéed onions, garlic, broth, and tomatoes. Into the bubbling soup you drop meatballs made with.
In my book albondiga soup is the ultimate comfort food.
Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs (albondigas), and loaded with veggies: carrots, potatoes, celery, and chayote all simmered in a bold, aromatic tomato broth - and of course toppings!
Mexican sopa de albóndigas is no exception.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just later the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) for your dinner with your associates or family. You can have Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup)
- Prepare of For the soup.
- Prepare 1 of Big Pot.
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 7 of Carrots.
- You need 4 lb of Yellow Potatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz of 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- It's 3 of zucchinis.
- Prepare 1 clove of of Garlic.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely chopped Mint Leaves.
- It's 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of white rice.
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Knorr.
- It's of oil.
- You need 3 of corn on the cobs cut in half ( if wanted).
Most variations are likely to involve vegetables, rice, a tomato-based broth and, inevitably, meatballs. Wesley Avila, the chef of Guerrilla Tacos in Los Angeles, learned this recipe from his mother, who learned it from her grandmother. This Albondigas Soup, an authentic Mexican meatball soup, is served in a light and healthy broth full of vegetables and and lean protein! (gluten free, paleo). When I want a light, healthy and filling meal, this Albondigas soup is always the clear winner.
Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup) step by step
- First, grab a medium pot and boil the 3/4 cup of water. Once that's boiled pour in the 3/4 cup of rice, and the Knorr. Mix well, if the water is all gone, the rice should still be a little under cooked. Leave that aside so it can cool..
- Chop you carrots and potatoes. The potatoes can be chopped up in 4 pieces ( if you would like them smaller, then do so)..
- Grab a mixing bowl and put your, ground beef, salt, finely chopped mint leaves, eggs, and the white rice. Mix well together with your hands..
- Once you've mixed them together, start grabbing some of the mixture and roll it into a balls (as big as you want)..
- Once you finish step 4. Grab your pot add some oil just enough to cover up the bottom. Add your garlic and let the oil bubble..
- Once the oil starts to bubble add the 2 cans of tomato sauce. Then add in water just half way of the pot. Let that boil for a bit..
- If you would like to add corn to this recipe, add it around the same time as the carrots and potatoes..
- Add in your carrots and potatoes ( if you cut your potatoes into smaller pieces, then add them in when you add your meat). Leave them to boil for about 5-10 minutes..
- Once the 5-10 minutes are up add in your meat. If there's not enough water left, then add as much as you need..
- While your meat is cooking, start cutting up your zucchinis..
- Around 20 minutes or so, check on the soup. Grab a fork and check your potatoes. If the fork goes through the potatoes, add in the cut zucchinis..
- Go back to the soup in 10-15 mins. Check the zucchinis. Poke your fork through a zucchini , if it goes through then your soup is completely done..
Albondigas soup, or meatball soup, is the. An incredible Albondigas soup which is a traditional Mexican meatball soup loaded with vegetables and full of flavor. This warm and comforting albondigas soup recipe is packed with hearty vegetables and Mexican-style meatballs. Albondigas Soup is a hearty Mexican meatball soup with a simple soup base made of diced tomatoes, chipotle salsa, and broth. Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box.
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Albondigas (Mexican meatball soup). If you have questions or requests re this article, absorb gate us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com