Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup.
Actually this is an easy recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
- It's of Ingredients.
- It's 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- It's 2 cup of water.
- It's 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It's 1 medium of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It's 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- You need of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- You need 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup instructions
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you suitably follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delectable Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup. If you have questions or requests around this article, charm door us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com