Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup. Curious about what Hungarian cabbage soup is? Learn how this homemade delight can be done in different ways and enjoy some helpful tips as well! Hungarian cabbage soup is one of the most popular Polish, Slovak, and Ukrainian recipes, but many countries around the world have adopted it too.
Forming the cabbage rolls is the only part of this recipe that requires a little practice, but armed with a few easy tips, you'll get the hang of it quickly.
We traditionally have this soup during the Passover week.
Easy stuffed cabbage recipe to cook cabbage rolls in Hungarian style with smoked ham, pickled cabbage (sour cabbage or sauerkraut), and more simple Video, ingredients, and cooking tips for the Hungarian stuffed cabbage rolls recipe with pickled cabbage are available on the web page - https.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can have Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup
- You need 1 lb of bacon.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- It's 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of Bou beef bouillon cubes.
- It's 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 10 oz of can condensed tomato soup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of V8 vegetable juice.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 Head of green cabbage.
- It's 2/3 cup of long or wild rice.
- It's of Parsley.
When I make these, I use half ground round and half ground pork. I use shortening in place of the lard; although my husband would prefer the lard. This Hungarian style stuffed cabbage roll recipe is made with sauerkraut and ground beef and ground meat. With light seasoning and with tomato juice and Secure rolls with toothpicks if desired.
Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup instructions
- Cut your cabbage in half through the stem. Cut each half in half through its stem. Cut the stem out of the cabbage as a wedge. Cut the cabbage into roughly inch by inch pieces..
- Prepare the other ingredients. Combine the onion and garlic. Combine the paprika, black pepper, and thyme. Group the stock, diced tomatoes, soup, and juice. Measure the rice out..
- Add some oil of your choice to your pot and heat over high heat. Add the beef and brown..
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened..
- Add the tomato paste and the spices, and cook until starting to stick to the bottom..
- Add the stock, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, V8 juice, beef bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the rice, stir, then add the cabbage. Cover and simmer 45 min..
- While the soup is cooking, fry the bacon (or bake at 375°F for ~20 min)..
- Crumble the cooked bacon and mince a handful of parsley. Add to the soup and serve.
Place the cabbage rolls seam side down in the slow cooker. Spread the drained sauerkraut over the rolls. Cabbage roll soup is simple comfort food that feeds a crowd! So hearty and filling and totally easy to throw together. We went to Minnesota last weekend to give my son his graduation present.
I will just to let you know the recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, occupy contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com