Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you! Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers.
To use, partially thaw in I don't always have the time to make stuffed peppers and this soup is a great alternative.
You get the flavor of a stuffed pepper in a quick and easy soup.
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the other ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delicious Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It's 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It's 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- You need 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- It's of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
I tasted stuffed pepper soup for the first time several years ago at a restaurant in northern Wisconsin and was immediately smitten. You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted. Or turn it into a vegetarian slow cooker stuffed pepper soup by using veggie crumbles. With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box. They are mostly small-ish peppers that are too small for stuffing. This vegetarian stuffed pepper soup is a twist on the classic, boasting a hearty helping of fiber and protein from creamy red lentils. Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers - Hearty, protein/fiber loaded peppers packed with so much flavor - and it's all made in the crockpot.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the savory Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, make smile admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com