Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup.
Actually this is an easy recipe just taking into consideration the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 medium of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It's 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- It's 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- Prepare of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- You need 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup instructions
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delectable Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup. If you have questions or requests more or less this article, entertain entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com