Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. Great recipe for Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. I rarely measure ingredients unless I am baking. The great thing about recipes. you add the things you like and the amount you want for taste.
Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
Gave these potato cakes an Italian twist.
I mixed in some grated Pecorino Romano cheese breaded with Italian panko crumbs garnished with chopped basil and drizzled the mashed potato cakes with marinara.
Literally this is an easy recipe just subsequently the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the delicious Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes
- You need of Chili.
- It's 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- It's 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- Prepare 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- It's 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- Prepare 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- Prepare 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- Prepare of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- It's 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Made a very nice side dish. Pour chicken broth into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Dollop chicken soup over the potatoes. Place cream cheese on top of the chicken soup.
Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes step by step
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes... make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. These mashed potato cakes are so delicious, you will want to make mashed potatoes just to make the potato cakes. Potato cakes is by far the best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes and ham. Stir mashed potatoes into the warm milk until the mixture is smooth, adding more milk as needed to make it smooth; add ham and stir. In a large soup pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is crispy.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delectable Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, keep busy admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com