Sweet stuffed pepper soup. Tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onions are the mainstays of my garden. Being the oldest of seven children, I acquired a knack for cooking from my mom. — Joseph Kendra, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania. Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
It's like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a delicious broth.
Look at how hearty this soup is.
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just when the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Sweet stuffed pepper soup for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Sweet stuffed pepper soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet stuffed pepper soup
- It's 1 pound of ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare of Sweet peppers diced or any kind of bell peppers.
- It's 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 oz with green chili.
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- It's 3 of bouillon cubes chicken or beef.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used minced garlic).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayanne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It's of Hot sauce optional.
- You need of Add some cut jalapeño for more heat.
- You need of Cheese for the top, I used cheddar, but any cheese will work.
- It's of Cooked rice.
- It's of Any kind of rice will work I use Instant rice, make as much or little as you need.
I used beef broth in place of cubes and I cut back on the brown sugar. The Bay is something that MY mother and grandmother always used in stuffed peppers. And the rice in this soup gives it such a great texture and adds some body to it to keep it filling. It's the lazy way of making stuffed peppers and one of my go-to soup recipes.
Sweet stuffed pepper soup step by step
- Turn your Instant pot to the saute setting. Or just brown the hamburger on the stove top..
- Brown hamburger meat, then the drain grease, put back in pot add onions and cut peppers, then add dry seasoning, cook till the onions and peppers are to your liking, or soft..
- Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine..
- Then set the pressure to 6 minutes. Quick release when done..
- Make the rice while you are waiting. (I used a rice cooker).
- Stir before serving..
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice, top it with cheddar cheese.
- Notes- you don’t want to add the rice to the soup mixture, because the rice will just soak it up. If you have any leftovers, put the rice in it’s own Container. I used whatever spices I had on hand and made to taste, measurements I was guessing, and I used some other spices I can’t even remember, use what you have and like... same with the peppers. I had sweet peppers and I needed to do something with them before they went bad, just use what you like, and have on hand..
If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you! Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready for dinner when you get home. While this soup is richly flavored and oh-so delicious on its own, a slice of crusty garlic bread would make for an excellent companion. There are two different versions that we enjoy: the recipe, as posted, with NO sour cream or tomatoes. It is a delightfully different soup that I used as the base for my Tri-Colour Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Sweet stuffed pepper soup. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, occupy admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com