Mexican egg rolls. Position egg roll wrapper with one corner pointing toward you. Egg rolls are a variety of deep-fried appetizers served in American Chinese restaurants. An egg roll is a cylindrical, savory roll with shredded cabbage, chopped pork, and other fillings inside a thickly-wrapped wheat flour skin, which is fried in hot oil.
Egg roll and wonton wrappers are found in the refrigerated section-usually in the vegetable section with to the tofu.
Crispy Southwest Egg Rolls (that you can bake or fry!) served with a creamy cilantro dipping sauce.
These southwest egg rolls are always a hit.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just like the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Mexican egg rolls for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook Mexican egg rolls using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican egg rolls
- Prepare of ground beef.
- You need of red onion.
- Prepare of roma tomatoes.
- You need of jalapeno pepper.
- Prepare of each: ground cumin, black pepper, chilli powder, onion & garlic powder, salt, & cayenne pepper.
- You need of cilantro.
- Prepare of limes.
- Prepare of 16oz container of sour cream.
- Prepare of egg roll wrappers.
- Prepare of shredded cheese: montery jack, pepper jack, chedder or ur favorite blend.
- It's of egg (for egg wash).
- You need of head of garlic.
The crispiness of the egg roll wrapper, combined with. These spicy baked Mexican Chicken Egg Rolls are the perfect little appetizers! Forget about the fried restaurant version, these babies are baked and much better for you! Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan.
Mexican egg rolls step by step
- Season & Brown ground hamburger discarding most of the oil that accumulates.
- Finely dice red onion & garlic. Remove the seeds then finely dice the tomatoes & jalapeno pepper.
- Add the diced onion, garlic & jalapeno to the browning hamburger meat (after removing most of the oil) cook for 5-6 mins then set aside to cool.
- Chop the cilantro then add 1/2 along with diced tomatoes to cooled hamburger mixture.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper Add 1-2 tablespoons of cooled hamburger mixture, & top with shredded cheese. Brush the edges of the wrapper w/ egg wash to seal the edges once rolled.
- Heat in a pan enough oil to shallow fry. Fry each roll until golden brown turning to brown all sides. Drain to remove oil on paper towels or bag.
- Add the juice of 1 lime & about a teaspoon of the zest to the 16 oz of sour cream add a teaspoon or less(season to taste) of the spices used to season hamburger meat add then add remaining chopped cilantro & mix well. Use as a dipping sauce & enjoy!.
Add the egg and swirl round the base of the pan, as though you are making a pancake, and cook until set. Great recipe for Mexican egg rolls. My friend & I wanted to try some nontraditional fillings for egg rolls this delicious combination is what we came up with. Mexican Egg Rolls, Southwestern Egg Rolls, All American Egg Rolls, etc. These Southwest Egg Rolls are basically all your favorite Mexican ingredients spiced with smoky, fiestalicious seasonings cocooned in a crispy baked or fried shell oozing with cheese.
I would just inform you that this recipe already tested, you suitably follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Mexican egg rolls. If you have questions or requests vis--vis this article, interest entrance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com