Southwest beef 'n' bean soup. Browse Our Site For Delectable Bean Soup Recipes, Please Your Taste Buds Today! Southwest beef 'n' bean soup I threw this together for a church event and it was a hit. Remove beef when tender and shred; return to slow cooker.
The third time I added the tomatoes.
This Southwest Beef Bean & Barley Soup is sooooo easy and so economical!
You could easily make this vegetarian by leaving out the beef and switching the broth to vegetable broth.
Literally this is an easy recipe just when the additional ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Southwest beef 'n' bean soup for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Southwest beef 'n' bean soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwest beef 'n' bean soup
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- It's 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- It's 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- You need 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 packages of frozen vegetables - country trio - carrots, green beans, and corn.
- It's 3 quart of beef stock.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It's 2 of bay leaf.
- It's 3 tbsp of chili powder - use more for spicier soup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin - adjust to taste.
- You need of tortilla chips (optional).
- You need of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
So today I am sharing a quick and easy Southwest Beef and Black Bean soup recipe with you. It is so lean it does not require any draining of fat. Don't add salt to the soup until the end because the canned tomatoes, beans and beef broth all contain salt already. When the southwestern steak soup is done, taste it and add salt if needed.
Southwest beef 'n' bean soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and comes together so quickly. Place beans, broth, onion and spices in the slow cooker. You may find you need to add more liquid, as all slow cookers vary. When a friend needs a night off from cooking, I throw together this one-pot meal.
I want just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you simply follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Southwest beef 'n' bean soup. If you have questions or requests not far off from this article, occupy admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com