Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. In a medium soup pot melt butter over low heat, and saute onions until tender. Stir in the mashed potatoes, and then slowly add the chicken broth. These Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes make an amazing side dish or light dinner or lunch!
Crock Pot Potato Soup With Instant Potatoes Recipes.
Mashed Potatoes W/ Cream Aka Potato Soupthebusinesswomanskitchen.de.
Potato Soup - From Leftover Mashed PotatoesDelightful Repast.
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes
- You need of Chili.
- You need 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- It's 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- Prepare 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- You need 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- It's 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- You need 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- You need of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. If you're in the midst of a cold spell yourself (or even if you're not) I think you're going to enjoy this creamy The ancho chili powder is, in my humble opinion, a must and gives this soup the most perfect depth of flavor. I blend it into the potato soup and also. Fried cheesy potatoes, do I need to say more?
Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes instructions
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes... make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
The outside of these leftover mashed potato cakes is light and crispy with a touch of Taste the mashed potatoes to make sure they are seasoned well with sea salt. In a large bowl, mix together the cold mashed potatoes. These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. They make a perfect side dish or a filling vegetarian meal.
I want just to let you know recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. If you have questions or requests on this article, please admittance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com