Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup). Albondigas soup is a traditional Mexican meatball soup ("albondigas" means "meatballs" in Spanish) that my mother has How to Make Albondigas Soup. A simple soup base is made with sautéed onions, garlic, broth, and tomatoes. Into the bubbling soup you drop meatballs made with.
Albondigas isn't exactly a common phrase North of the Border, but once you put a plate of these Mexican Meatballs on the table You might recognize the tomato sauce we're using as the base from our Tortilla Soup.
Mexican sopa de albóndigas is no exception.
Most variations are likely to involve vegetables, rice, a tomato-based broth and, inevitably, meatballs.
Surprisingly this is an easy recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup) for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup)
- It's 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 4 of Russet potatoes (cubed).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots (sliced).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of oregano, salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It's 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 3-4 of roma tomatos.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion (minced).
Divide the soup among bowls, about four or five meatballs per portion, and set out bowls of whatever garnishes you like. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs (albondigas), and loaded with veggies: carrots, potatoes, celery, and chayote all simmered in a bold, aromatic tomato broth - and of course toppings! Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican meatball Soup made of a comforting and nourishing broth and hearty herb-filled meatballs. Translated, albondigas means "meatball" in Spanish, and this warm winter soup comes packed full of them.
Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup) step by step
- In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, 1/2 cup rice, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix together with your hands. Then roll out medium size meatballs, setting them one by one onto wax paper. Once you have used up all the mixture, set aside..
- Now peel & cube your potatoes, dice your tomatoes, slice your carrots & mince your onion..
- In a large pot put in your olive oil, tomatoes & onion. Cook until translucent..
- Now add chicken stock, water, potatoes, carrots, garlic clove & GENTLY place your meatballs in one by one. Cover pot & let it slowly boil for about an hour..
- When the meatballs are fully cooked (you'll know because the rice will start to pop out of the meatballs & fluff up) & your veggies are tender, then add oregano & the other cup of rice. Cover again, place on low heat for 10 more mins or until rice is tender..
- Serve with warmed up corn tortillas & a little bit of lime juice (optional) & ENJOY!.
My connection to this Mexican meatball soup runs all the. Albondigas Soup is a hearty Mexican meatball soup with a simple soup base made of diced tomatoes, chipotle salsa, and broth. Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. This easy Albondigas Soup will keep you warm. The tasty soup is loaded with vegetables and rice.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you handily follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup). If you have questions or requests a propos this article, entertain door us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com