Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or spinach, orzo macaroni, and finely chopped carrot. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. Italian wedding soup is a quick and hearty dinner that only looks like you worked long and hard to make it.
Italian wedding soup is such a simple soup to make.
The part that takes the most time is making the meatballs.
You can use any combination of ground meat you like.
Actually this is a simple recipe just later the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta
- It's 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- It's 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef.
- Prepare 3 of whole medium carrots (sliced).
- It's 1 of whole medium yellow onion (diced).
- It's 2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of container/carton chicken broth.
- It's 1 package (10 oz) of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need of Black Pepper * depending on your desired taste.
- You need of Kosher Salt * depending on your desired taste.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of penne pasta (uncooked).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need of Shredded parmesan cheese.
If you've ever made Italian wedding soup, you've seen how the tiny pasta spheres, known as pastina or acini di pepe, are almost magically inflatable. If you are broth-averse, you can cook this soup the whole way through, adding the pasta before you portion it out and freeze it to let the pasta soak up all. The Italian Wedding Soup recipe is inspired from an array of Italian soups famous world-wide such as minestrone soup, Italian pasta soup etc. Pasta and/or Greens: I have used very small, star-shaped pasta which I add almost half way through cooking.
Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, lipton onion soup mix, minced garlic, and diced onion; mix well. Shape into desired meatball sizes.
- Take a baking dish, and coat with cooking spray. Place meatball in baking dish, and cook for 20 mins (occasionally rotating meatballs).
- In a fry pan lightly saute' sliced carrots in olive oil. Make sure not to burn carrots..
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a dutch oven pot, and add penne pasta. Cook pasta until tender.
- Remove meatballs from oven, and drain on paper towel.
- Add package of frozen spinach in with boiling penne pasta, and reduce heat, and stir occasionally.
- Add sauteed carrots, and meatballs into dutch oven pot and stir.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 10 mins.
- When ready to eat garnish with shredded parmesan cheese..
If I was using regular pasta such as penne or. I used Hot Italian Sausage for this recipe. This is a really good pasta dish. You can adjust the heat according to your taste. I like my food a little.
I want just to let you know this recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, make smile right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com