Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas.
Yes, this is an easy recipe just taking into consideration the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas
- You need of Sauce.
- It's 5 of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of a small onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 10 cup of boiling water (or as needed/desired).
- It's 1/2 head of Onion (medium sized).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of carrots (diced).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chayote (diced).
- It's 2 cup of potatoes (sliced).
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of zucchini (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of KNORR Beef flavor bouillon or any kind of bouillon of your liking.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 5 of Cilantro with stems.
- You need of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (or any ground meat of your choice).
- You need 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mint (finely chopped).
- It's tsp of 1/8 of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour (optional).
Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas instructions
- In a big pot boil the water along with the garlic and the onion. (On medium to low heat) Cover with a lid..
- Blend together the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a blender (do not add water into the blender). Then add the sauce to the boiling pot. Cover with a lid and wait until it begins to bubble. TIP: If you feel like it may need more water then do so in 1/2 cup increments..
- In a seperate bowl, mix with your hands or with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, the ground beef, mint, egg, rice, salt, and flour. Form into balls (about the size of a golf ball), set them aside..
- Peel your vegetables (except zucchinis) and cut them thinly or into small cubes. Place the carrots and chayote in a bowl. In a seperate bowl place the zucchinis. Place the potatoes in a bowl of water and set them aside. TIP: This prevents the potatoes from browning and it removes the starch from the potatoes..
- Once you notice your soup boiling add your meatballs to the pot, carefully. Cover with a lid and wait for it to boil again (around 5-10 minutes depending on your stove)..
- Once you notice your meatballs are beginning to darken and your soup is boiling, add the carrots and chayote. Cover with a lid. Make sure you have this over a low heat, you do not want to overcook your meat and veggies. TIP: If you begin to notice grease foam at the top of the pot, you may use a ladel to remove as much as you can without removing to much water..
- Once your pot is boiling again, check the carrots and chayote. Take one of each out of the pot. Check to see if its ready by cutting into it with a knife. If you feel a lot of resistance, then cover the pot and allow to boil for another 5 minutes. Check again and if you feel that it shows little resistance then add the potatoes. (Make sure to drain the potatoes, do not add them with the water filled with starch). Cover the pot. Boil for a few minutes. TIP: Make sure everytime you add a new ingredient or vegetable that its not fully cooked. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy mess..
- Add the zucchinis lastly, and cover with a lid and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Add your seasoning. Salt to taste, bouillon, and cilantro leaves. You may leave out the 1/2 onion. Cover with the lid and allow to boil for a few minutes longer. Turn off the heat. You can let it sit for a bit or serve yourseld. Enjoy!.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, divert right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com