Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just bearing in mind the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
- You need of Ingredients.
- It's 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- It's 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- It's 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- It's 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- It's of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- Prepare 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup step by step
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..
I want just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you handily follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup. If you have questions or requests all but this article, interest right of entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com