Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you! Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers.
To use, partially thaw in I don't always have the time to make stuffed peppers and this soup is a great alternative.
You get the flavor of a stuffed pepper in a quick and easy soup.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just following the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It's 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- It's 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- It's of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
I tasted stuffed pepper soup for the first time several years ago at a restaurant in northern Wisconsin and was immediately smitten. You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted. Or turn it into a vegetarian slow cooker stuffed pepper soup by using veggie crumbles. With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box. They are mostly small-ish peppers that are too small for stuffing. This vegetarian stuffed pepper soup is a twist on the classic, boasting a hearty helping of fiber and protein from creamy red lentils. Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers - Hearty, protein/fiber loaded peppers packed with so much flavor - and it's all made in the crockpot.
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delectable Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker. If you have questions or requests more or less this article, engross retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com