Queso Taco Pasta Bake. Homemade queso gives this satisfying beef and pasta bake an amazing Mexican flavor kick. This Queso Taco Pasta Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner for your whole family! This cheesy beef casserole could not be more delicious.
MY CHANGES TO RECIPE: I completely omitted the salsa.
Instead of adding cooking sauce to cheese sauce I added it to the beef mixture.
This casserole makes a delicious change of pace from ordinary pasta casseroles.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just behind the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Queso Taco Pasta Bake for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Queso Taco Pasta Bake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Queso Taco Pasta Bake
- Prepare of pasta (I used Radiatore, but any small shape works).
- It's of olive oil, divided.
- You need of onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It's of ground beef.
- It's of black beans (I used canned, drained and rinsed).
- You need of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need of chili powder.
- It's of cumin.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It's of all purpose flour.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It's of shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddars).
- It's of salsa (I used mild, but medium or hot would be good).
- It's of chopped cilantro, for garnish.
Top with meat mixture and remaining cheese. Lighter Cheesy Taco Pasta Bake loaded with juicy beef, beans, pasta etc., smothered in an incredible creamy Enchilada-esque sauce that is out of this Eat the taco pasta straight from the skillet or pour into a casserole dish and smother with extra cheese. Bake to golden, bubbly cheesy deliciousness. This Taco Pasta Bake is a curious alternative to your typical Bolognese or Carbonara.
Queso Taco Pasta Bake instructions
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place on burner with the heat on high and bring to a boil. At the same time, heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet..
- Once water reaches a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. About the same time, add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent..
- Add the garlic to the skillet next and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and cook until completely brown. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- About this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, removed from the heat..
- Add the black beans and diced tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Next stir in the seasonings. Remove from heat and scrape the meat and bean mix into the pot with the pasta. Stir lightly to mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and set aside..
- For the queso: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly as you add it to form a roux. Once all flour is added, allow the roux to simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly..
- Increase the heat to medium high and slowly begin to whisk in the broth, adding it slowly. Once all the broth is incorporated, allow to come to a simmer. Let simmer, whisking occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once it's all melted in, stir in the salsa..
- Stir the queso cheese sauce into the pot with the pasta and meat mix and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese..
- Bake for 5 minutes, then set the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly..
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers..
It combines the spicy flavors you'd find in a taco by having them dance merrily on a bed of cheesy penne. Cheesy taco beef baked underneath a crunchy tortilla chip layer then loaded with classic taco toppings - This truly is the ultimate taco pasta! Learn how to make Taco Pasta Bake. To assemble, place some pork on the tortillas, followed by a few pieces of pineapple, a sprinkling of onion, a pinch of cilantro. This cheesy taco pasta from Delish.com is the best!
I would just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Queso Taco Pasta Bake. If you have questions or requests on the subject of this article, absorb entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com