Southwest beef 'n' bean soup. A friend brought this recipe to a gathering, and it's been a hit with my family ever since! I use brown rice for more fiber Bring to a boil. Divide rice among six soup bowls; top with soup and sour cream.
Get a head start by using thawed Make-Ahead Mexican Ground Beef in place of the ground beef and taco seasoning mix.
Y'all, we have had this Southwest Beef Bean & Barley Soup THREE times in the last two weeks.
The first time I made it, Brian told me he could eat it every day - he liked it that much!
Actually this is a simple recipe just considering the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Southwest beef 'n' bean soup for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Southwest beef 'n' bean soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwest beef 'n' bean soup
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- You need 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- It's 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen vegetables - country trio - carrots, green beans, and corn.
- It's 3 quart of beef stock.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of ground black pepper.
- It's 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 tbsp of chili powder - use more for spicier soup.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground cumin - adjust to taste.
- Prepare of tortilla chips (optional).
- You need of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
This soup is a winner …. tried and true! The first time I made this, I didn't add the beef or tomatoes … It felt like something. This Southwest-inspired chicken soup is loaded with black beans, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and corn and cooked in a slow cooker for an easy weeknight dinner. Reviews for: Photos of Southwest Black Bean Chicken Soup.
Southwest beef 'n' bean soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
This vegetable beef soup includes ground beef, tomatoes, onion, carrots, chile peppers, and beans. It's a quick preparation and a tasty family meal. Some chile powder and peppers help flavor the soup and give it Southwest flavor. Use pinto beans, great northern, or small red beans in the soup. Slow-Cooker Southwest Beef and Bean SoupBetty Crocker.
I will just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Southwest beef 'n' bean soup. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, make smile entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com