One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just subsequently the additional ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice for your lunch with your friends or family. You can cook One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of yellow onion, diced.
- It's of small bell pepper, diced.
- It's of garlic, minced.
- You need of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- It's of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It's of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of cumin.
- It's of garlic powder.
- Prepare of paprika.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- It's of oregano.
- It's of onion powder.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- You need of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- You need of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Optional Toppings :.
- It's of ·Sour Cream.
- It's of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- You need of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- You need of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- It's of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- It's of ·Diced Avacado.
- It's of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- It's of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice instructions
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash -->.
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, please way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page consequently you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com