Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup for your lunch with your connections or family. You can cook Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- It's 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- It's 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- It's 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It's 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- It's 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- Prepare of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- Prepare 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup step by step
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..
I will just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup. If you have questions or requests not far off from this article, keep amused approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com