Tex Mex Skillet.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Tex Mex Skillet for your dinner with your associates or family. You can have Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- It's 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- It's 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- Prepare 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- You need 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet instructions
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
I would just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the savory Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, divert open us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com