Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. The mashed potato frosting is basically my skinny garlic mashed potatoes made with fresh thyme which really compliments the meatloaf. I highly recommend using double metal liners, they hold up well with the meat, and if you want to re-heat leftovers, you can simply take the metal part off and pop. After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again.
I piped the mashed potato on for the photo but ordinarily I just pile it on then fluff it up with a fork - much faster!
These meatloaf cupcakes have a whipped sweet potato frosting and fresh herb "sprinkles"!
Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
Actually this is a simple recipe just later the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting for your dinner with your associates or family. You can have Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting using 17 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- You need of meatloaf mix:.
- It's 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- It's 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It's 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of topper:.
- It's 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need of potato frosting:.
- Prepare 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Pipe potato mixture onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a large resealable bag. Snip off one corner of the bag. Sprinkle with parsley (optional), drizzle with ketchup, and top each with a grape tomato.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate...
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
I used instant potato flakes, but you could certainly make a batch There's nothing particularly original about meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but who could resist these adorable Mini Meatloaf "Cupcakes"? "Frost" or "ice" each meatloaf cupcake with about ¼ cup favorite mashed potatoes. Use decorator's pastry bag with swirl tip if desired to frost cupcakes! Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly covered container. Meatloaf baked in muffin cups and topped with mashed potatoes, also known as meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing, are kid-approved. I received repeated compliments on these meatloaf cupcakes.
Just inform you that recipe already tested, you simply follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, entertain entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com