Vegan vetkoek and savory mince. Mix dry vetkoek ingredients and then add water. Vetkoek in a nutshell is deep fried yeast buns that can be served as a snack, for breakfast or lunch. It is usually paired with apricot jam, cheese or with This vetkoek is a great, basic recipe for fried dough.
My husband thinks of Afrikaans cooking as famous for mixing sweet and savoury together in the same dish.
In any case, this is a very popular and traditional dish in South Africa.
Amagwinya also known as vetkoek (/ˈfɛtkʊk/, Afrikaans: [ˈfɛtkuk]) is a traditional South African fried dough bread.
Actually this is a simple recipe just once the other ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Vegan vetkoek and savory mince for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Vegan vetkoek and savory mince using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan vetkoek and savory mince
- It's of Vetkoek:.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- It's 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of dry quick rise yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 2-1/2 cups of warm water.
- You need of Mince:.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 of handfulls chopped mushrooms.
- It's 1/3 box of soy savory mince.
- You need as needed of Water.
It is similar to the Caribbean Johnny cake, the Dutch oliebol, and the Mexican sopaipillas. The word vetkoek literally means "fat cake" in Afrikaans. Traditional South African vetkoek are balls of deep-fried dough that can be stuffed with sweet or savory fillings for a delicious snack. They're a great party snack if they are made small and filled with various processed meats, tuna and mayo, syrup, curried minced meat, cheese, or basically anything.
Vegan vetkoek and savory mince step by step
- Mix dry vetkoek ingredients and then add water.
- Need for 5mins and then cover with a moist tea towel to rise for an hour.
- While dough is rising make filling.
- Fry onion, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add soya powder and water till desired consistency is achieved.
- Leave to simmer for a bit till tomatoes break down.
- Then knead dough and divide into size balls of choice...a bit flat and plump.
- Leave to rise for 15mins.
- Once thats done fry in oil on a low-med setting.
Vetkoek (pronounced Fet-cook and literally meaning fat cake, fat cookie or fatty cake) is another traditional South African dish. Sauce/Frying pan or Pot Dish lined with some absorbent paper to put the vetkoek in Perforated ladle or spoon for placing the dough in the boiling oil and lifting the vetkoek. Maybe vetkoek oozing with curried mince is not the healthiest of meals, but when you start tucking into these delicious dough balls, you can't help wanting more. Vetkoek was a real treat for me as a kid, a comforting reminder of happy times at home. They are not difficult to make, so go on, have a go!
I will just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Vegan vetkoek and savory mince. If you have questions or requests approximately this article, entertain contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com