Tex Mex Skillet.
Literally this is a simple recipe just when the additional ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delectable Tex Mex Skillet for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- It's 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- You need 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- It's 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Tex Mex Skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Tex Mex Skillet. If you have questions or requests around this article, engross gain access to us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com