Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. The mashed potato frosting is basically my skinny garlic mashed potatoes made with fresh thyme which really compliments the meatloaf. I highly recommend using double metal liners, they hold up well with the meat, and if you want to re-heat leftovers, you can simply take the metal part off and pop. After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again.
I piped the mashed potato on for the photo but ordinarily I just pile it on then fluff it up with a fork - much faster!
These meatloaf cupcakes have a whipped sweet potato frosting and fresh herb "sprinkles"!
Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just later than the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting using 17 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- You need of meatloaf mix:.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- You need 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's of topper:.
- You need 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare of potato frosting:.
- Prepare 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It's 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Pipe potato mixture onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a large resealable bag. Snip off one corner of the bag. Sprinkle with parsley (optional), drizzle with ketchup, and top each with a grape tomato.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate...
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
I used instant potato flakes, but you could certainly make a batch There's nothing particularly original about meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but who could resist these adorable Mini Meatloaf "Cupcakes"? "Frost" or "ice" each meatloaf cupcake with about ¼ cup favorite mashed potatoes. Use decorator's pastry bag with swirl tip if desired to frost cupcakes! Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly covered container. Meatloaf baked in muffin cups and topped with mashed potatoes, also known as meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato icing, are kid-approved. I received repeated compliments on these meatloaf cupcakes.
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the savory Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. If you have questions or requests just about this article, make smile get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com