Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole. This Rachel Ray's Southwestern Chili Con Pasta is an off the charts cheesy, baked pasta casserole smothered is a homemade chili con queso sauce! Who doesn't love a cheese pasta casserole? Well, this one includes an amazing Chili Con Carne sauce, wonderfully flavored, that will blow you.
Cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to turn golden brown and smell nutty, then pour it onto a plate to cool.
At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first!
It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just later the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delicious Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of Penne pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 of to 6 cloves garlic, chopped.
- It's 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of milk.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 of (14 Oz) can fire roasted tomatoes.
I plan to make this chili on this snowy February day in Western Washington. My reason for commenting ahead of time is to gently. This was my First time Making it I did not care so much for the noodles which was tasteless but I adjusted the recipe with what should work. A southwestern-style vegetarian chili casserole recipe made from pre-made or canned vegetarian chili, hominy, and topped with crushed corn chips.
Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole step by step
- Preheat the broiler to HIGH and position the rack 8 inches from the heat..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta al dente..
- While the water is coming to a boil, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the hamburger. When the hamburger is almost finished, but still a little pink, throw in the garlic, jalapeno, and onions and finish cooking until the burger is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain the grease from the skillet and mix in the cumin, coriander, chili powder and pepper. Take off the heat or turn heat down low..
- In a medium sauce pot melt the butter and add the flour to it. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat and then whisk in the milk. When the milk comes to a bubble, stir in the cheese, cilantro and parsley with a wooden spoon. When the cheese has melted, stir in the tomatoes..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it back into the large pot. Add the contents of the hamburger and all of the cheddar sauce, and stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with a bit more cheese if you wish, and place under the broiler to lightly brown..
In a large casserole dish, add half the crushed corn chips, then the chili, pinto or navy beans, homini, and green chilies. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. The dish originated in northern Mexico or southern Texas. You have to try our Southwestern Enchilada Casserole recipe for a quick, filling, and flavorful dinner!
I would just to let you know recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole. If you have questions or requests nearly this article, occupy entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com