Baked ziti. Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti. Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti. Layer sauce first (so you don't need to butter the pan), then ziti/cheese, mozzarella, sprinkle with parm and a little dried oregano or basil, then.
Cook the ziti until not quite al dente.
It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles.
Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just behind the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Baked ziti for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can have Baked ziti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- It's 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- You need 1/2 lb of mild italian sausage.
- You need 1 can (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1/2 of onion (diced).
- It's 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 16 oz. of mozzerella (shredded).
- It's 16 oz. of rotelle pasta.
- It's of Salt/pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
That, of course, would never fly in this house. Our baked ziti recipe is a dish all cooks should have in their repertoire. Baked macaroni dishes like ziti combine cooked pasta with a sauce, vegetable, and/or meat -- and plenty of cheese. All the ingredients are layered or tossed into a casserole dish and baked in the oven for less than an hour.
Baked ziti step by step
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
It's a versatile dish that can be adapted in so many ways, including adding leftovers. Cook ziti according to package directions; drain; set aside. Mix cooked sausage and pasta in with ricotta mixture. Top with the rest of the sauce and mozarella cheese. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve.
Just to let you know recipe already tested, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Baked ziti. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, keep busy get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com