Yes, this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the savory Unstuffed Shells for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can have Unstuffed Shells using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Shells
- It's 4 cups of basic sized shell pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 lb. of ground beef (or turkey or sausage).
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 can (14 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- It's 1 tsp. of each dried basil, brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt, Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each dried oregano, pepper.
- You need 2 of heaping cups spinach, chopped.
- Prepare 8 oz. of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- It's 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Unstuffed Shells instructions
- Begin by cooking the shell pasta according to package directions. Then drain the shells, return them to the pot and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13" baking pan with foil and grease it. Set this aside also..
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and beef and cook, stirring often and breaking up the meat as it cooks, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat out..
- Add the garlic to the cooked beef and cook for a minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the crushed tomato, diced tomato, brown sugar and all seasonings, along with the spinach. Once the spinach wilts, remove it from the heat..
- Pour the beef mixture into the pot with the drained shells. Add in the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and stir it all together..
- Pour the shell mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan evenly over the top and cover with a piece of foil..
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the top foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes, until everything is heated through and the cheese is golden. Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..
Just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Unstuffed Shells. If you have questions or requests a propos this article, interest get into us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com