Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake).
Literally this is a simple recipe just next the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) for your dinner with your associates or family. You can have Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake)
- It's 2 lb of ground beef or lamb.
- You need 1 large of onion - diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic - minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato sauce (approx 1 - 8 oz can).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry red wine - I use shiraz.
- It's 1 can of petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can).
- It's 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 lb of pasta - macaroni or ziti.
- It's 4 of eggs - divided.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese - divided.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick).
- It's 1 cup of ap flour.
- It's 3 cup of milk.
Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease/spray a 13x9 baking dish..
- In a large skillet - brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add in tomato sauce, wine, can of undrained diced tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste - adjust seasoning if desired..
- While meat is simmering - cook pasta. Do not overcook - pasta should be just shy of al dente..
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and mix in olive oil, 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese..
- Now start the bechamel/white sauce. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk until it's a smooth paste. Cook for a minute or two but do not brown..
- Slowly add in milk and cook for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens..
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt, pepper & a bit of nutmeg. Mix in 2 beaten eggs & remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese. This will be a very thick sauce - if it's too thick to work with you can add a bit more milk..
- Assembly time : ) Spread half of the pasta mixture evenly on the bottom of the casserole dish - make sure bottom is completely covered..
- Evenly spread the entire meat mixture over bottom pasta layer..
- Top meat with remaining pasta..
- Pour the bechamel/sauce on top of noodles. With a spoon spread sauce making sure to get edges and corners. Sauce should be nearly to top of casserole dish - you may have a little leftover..
- Bake for 45 minutes - top will be golden brown. Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting. Enjoy : ).
I would just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake). If you have questions or requests around this article, occupy read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com