Queso Taco Pasta Bake.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just behind the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delicious Queso Taco Pasta Bake for your lunch with your connections or family. You can cook Queso Taco Pasta Bake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Queso Taco Pasta Bake
- It's 8 oz. of pasta (I used Radiatore, but any small shape works).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of black beans (I used canned, drained and rinsed).
- It's 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp. of cumin.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It's pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddars).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of salsa (I used mild, but medium or hot would be good).
- Prepare of chopped cilantro, for garnish.
Queso Taco Pasta Bake instructions
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Place on burner with the heat on high and bring to a boil. At the same time, heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet..
- Once water reaches a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. About the same time, add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent..
- Add the garlic to the skillet next and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and cook until completely brown. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- About this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta and return to the pot, removed from the heat..
- Add the black beans and diced tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Next stir in the seasonings. Remove from heat and scrape the meat and bean mix into the pot with the pasta. Stir lightly to mix..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an oven proof casserole dish and set aside..
- For the queso: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted, add the flour a little at a time, whisking constantly as you add it to form a roux. Once all flour is added, allow the roux to simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly..
- Increase the heat to medium high and slowly begin to whisk in the broth, adding it slowly. Once all the broth is incorporated, allow to come to a simmer. Let simmer, whisking occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once it's all melted in, stir in the salsa..
- Stir the queso cheese sauce into the pot with the pasta and meat mix and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese..
- Bake for 5 minutes, then set the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly..
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you usefully follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to get the delicious Queso Taco Pasta Bake. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, make smile contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com