Literally this is a simple recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Italian Meatballs for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Italian Meatballs using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Meatballs
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground pork.
- It's 2 cup of Sliced or torn bread.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Chicken egg.
- You need 1 cup of Freshly grated parmesan cheese (medium grate) (plus more for service presentation).
- You need 1 medium of White onion, finely diced.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Fennel seed.
- It's 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It's 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Red pepper flake.
- It's 1 of Your favorite marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Freshly-ground black pepper.
- You need 2 pinch of Kosher salt.
- It's of "Meatball" Subs.
- You need 12 of provolone or mozzarella (or both) slices.
- Prepare 6 of Hoagie buns.
- You need of Meatballs for Pasta.
- It's 6 of Servings cooked pasta.
Italian Meatballs instructions
- Heat a large saute pan on low to medium-low heat. Toast the fennel seeds and red pepper flake in the pan for one to two minutes, taking care to not burn the spices. Add the olive oil and raise heat on the pan to medium..
- Add the diced onion to the sauté pan and one pinch of Kosher salt. Sweat onions for 5-6 minutes and add minced garlic. Sweat for another 5-6 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning, sweat another minute or two and remove from heat and allow to cool to around room temp..
- Soak the bread pieces in the milk. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. After the bread pieces have soaked up as much milk as possible, drain the excess and mash the bread with a fork so there are no large or medium sized chunks. Stir the bread and grated parmesan to combine in the large mixing bowl with the beaten egg mixture..
- Add cooled onion mixture to bread mixture and stir to combine. Add ground pork and ground beef to the mixture along with the 1/2 TBSP of Kosher salt and 1/2 TBSP of freshly-ground black pepper. It's easiest (for me, anyway) to mix this with your hands. Don't worry about over-mixing. Make sure the entire mixture is as homogeneous as possible..
- For Meatballs and pasta: Turn on your oven's broiler and put a rack about 3/4 of the way to the top. Form the meat mixture into 3-4 ounce balls (you'll have about 12-15 meatballs) and place them in a 9x13 roasting pan. Place them under the broiler for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F. The inside of the meatball will remain juicy, tender and flavorful. Serve with pasta and marinara and garnish with parmesan cheese..
- For "Meatball" Sandwiches: Form the meat mixture into patties. Fry in a pan on the stove top. Melt cheese over the patties. Toast a split hoagie roll. Assemble sandwich with a few tsps of marinara..
I want just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Italian Meatballs. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, divert entrance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com