The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just considering the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe
- You need 2 packages of Lasagna Pasta Sheets.
- It's 10 of Italian Sausages cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of kilo Ground Beef / 2 lbs. Ground Beef.
- Prepare 5 of Fresh Tomatoes grated.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 4 of large pieces Mozzarella.
- It's 3 packages of Ricotta Cheese.
- It's 3 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It's of Salt.
- It's 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need 3 cups of Water.
The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe instructions
- N a large sauce pan add in half a cup of the Olive Oil, sausages, and ground beef. Once the meat has turned brown add in the fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon stick, 3 cups of water and let boil on low heat for about 2 hrs..
- When the sauce is ready, add into the baking pan a scoop of sauce, and start layering in the Lasagna sheets. (I don’t have a large enough square baking pan, so I used a round one) Add in a large scoop of the sauce with sausages, and ground beef, top with the mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Continue layering with the Lasagna sheets, and until all the ingredients have finished..
- I just wanted to mention back in those days, Lasagne sheets did not exist, both Maria and my mom used regular boiled pasta..
- Finish topping with the leftover Olive Oil….and Oregano.
- Pop into the oven, and bake at 180 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. I hope you enjoy making and eating this recipe as much as my mom and I have been doing for so many years. Thank you Maria for your wonderful recipe!!!! 🙂.
Just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory The Old Italian Lasagna Recipe. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, make smile edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com