Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake).
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake)
- You need 2 lb of ground beef or lamb.
- You need 1 large of onion - diced.
- It's 2 clove of garlic - minced.
- It's 1 cup of tomato sauce (approx 1 - 8 oz can).
- You need 1/2 cup of dry red wine - I use shiraz.
- You need 1 can of petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can).
- It's 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 lb of pasta - macaroni or ziti.
- You need 4 of eggs - divided.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese - divided.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick).
- Prepare 1 cup of ap flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease/spray a 13x9 baking dish..
- In a large skillet - brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add in tomato sauce, wine, can of undrained diced tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste - adjust seasoning if desired..
- While meat is simmering - cook pasta. Do not overcook - pasta should be just shy of al dente..
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and mix in olive oil, 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese..
- Now start the bechamel/white sauce. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk until it's a smooth paste. Cook for a minute or two but do not brown..
- Slowly add in milk and cook for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens..
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt, pepper & a bit of nutmeg. Mix in 2 beaten eggs & remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese. This will be a very thick sauce - if it's too thick to work with you can add a bit more milk..
- Assembly time : ) Spread half of the pasta mixture evenly on the bottom of the casserole dish - make sure bottom is completely covered..
- Evenly spread the entire meat mixture over bottom pasta layer..
- Top meat with remaining pasta..
- Pour the bechamel/sauce on top of noodles. With a spoon spread sauce making sure to get edges and corners. Sauce should be nearly to top of casserole dish - you may have a little leftover..
- Bake for 45 minutes - top will be golden brown. Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting. Enjoy : ).
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake). If you have questions or requests approximately this article, keep busy edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com