Actually this is an easy recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Italian Meatballs for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can have Italian Meatballs using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Meatballs
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It's 1 lb of Ground pork.
- It's 2 cup of Sliced or torn bread.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It's 1 of Chicken egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of Freshly grated parmesan cheese (medium grate) (plus more for service presentation).
- It's 1 medium of White onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Fennel seed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1 pinch of Red pepper flake.
- You need 1 of Your favorite marinara sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Freshly-ground black pepper.
- It's 2 pinch of Kosher salt.
- You need of "Meatball" Subs.
- You need 12 of provolone or mozzarella (or both) slices.
- Prepare 6 of Hoagie buns.
- It's of Meatballs for Pasta.
- It's 6 of Servings cooked pasta.
Italian Meatballs step by step
- Heat a large saute pan on low to medium-low heat. Toast the fennel seeds and red pepper flake in the pan for one to two minutes, taking care to not burn the spices. Add the olive oil and raise heat on the pan to medium..
- Add the diced onion to the sauté pan and one pinch of Kosher salt. Sweat onions for 5-6 minutes and add minced garlic. Sweat for another 5-6 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning, sweat another minute or two and remove from heat and allow to cool to around room temp..
- Soak the bread pieces in the milk. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. After the bread pieces have soaked up as much milk as possible, drain the excess and mash the bread with a fork so there are no large or medium sized chunks. Stir the bread and grated parmesan to combine in the large mixing bowl with the beaten egg mixture..
- Add cooled onion mixture to bread mixture and stir to combine. Add ground pork and ground beef to the mixture along with the 1/2 TBSP of Kosher salt and 1/2 TBSP of freshly-ground black pepper. It's easiest (for me, anyway) to mix this with your hands. Don't worry about over-mixing. Make sure the entire mixture is as homogeneous as possible..
- For Meatballs and pasta: Turn on your oven's broiler and put a rack about 3/4 of the way to the top. Form the meat mixture into 3-4 ounce balls (you'll have about 12-15 meatballs) and place them in a 9x13 roasting pan. Place them under the broiler for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F. The inside of the meatball will remain juicy, tender and flavorful. Serve with pasta and marinara and garnish with parmesan cheese..
- For "Meatball" Sandwiches: Form the meat mixture into patties. Fry in a pan on the stove top. Melt cheese over the patties. Toast a split hoagie roll. Assemble sandwich with a few tsps of marinara..
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Italian Meatballs. If you have questions or requests going on for this article, please entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com