Baked ziti. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti. Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti.
Some vary the cheeses, some the meat, some make meatless versions, and some people leave out the tomato sauce for a truly cheese-tastic casserole.
Cook the ziti until not quite al dente.
It's basically some kind of tomato or meat sauce baked in a dish with some kind of cheese and, of course, ziti noodles—unless you're me, then you use mostaciolli noodles.
Actually this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Baked ziti for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Baked ziti using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- It's 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of mild italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 can (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It's 1/2 of onion (diced).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 16 oz. of mozzerella (shredded).
- It's 16 oz. of rotelle pasta.
- You need of Salt/pepper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Some people just use tomato/marinara sauce. That, of course, would never fly in this house. Our baked ziti recipe is a dish all cooks should have in their repertoire. Baked macaroni dishes like ziti combine cooked pasta with a sauce, vegetable, and/or meat -- and plenty of cheese.
Baked ziti step by step
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
All the ingredients are layered or tossed into a casserole dish and baked in the oven for less than an hour. It's a versatile dish that can be adapted in so many ways, including adding leftovers. Cook ziti according to package directions; drain; set aside. Mix cooked sausage and pasta in with ricotta mixture. Top with the rest of the sauce and mozarella cheese.
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you conveniently follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Baked ziti. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, please open us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily find it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com