One Pot Creamy American Goulash. American Goulash is a quick and easy recipe the whole family will love - macaroni pasta with ground beef and peppers in a creamy tomato sauce! My recipe is made in one single pot for easy clean up, perfect for busy weeknights. Loaded with tomatoes, ground beef, macaroni and lots of dried herbs.
The recipe can also be adapted to add in some extra veggies, such as diced bell peppers, mushrooms or corn.
We prefer our goulash on the creamy side, but if you don't then just use all broth and omit the cream.
Hungarian goulash, on the other hand, is more of a stew, prepared with cubes of beef (often chuck roast) and vegetables swimming in a paprika-kissed tomato broth.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just subsequent to the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty One Pot Creamy American Goulash for your lunch with your friends or family. You can have One Pot Creamy American Goulash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Creamy American Goulash
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- You need 2 cups of elbow pasta, uncooked.
- You need 1 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- It's 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
American Goulash is comfort food that the whole family will love. It's warm and hearty with a rich, savory sauce. Best of all, it's one of the most affordable meals you can make in a single pot! What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is.
One Pot Creamy American Goulash step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often until they are translucent. Then add the garlic and cook just another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown throughout. Drain out any excess fat, if necessary..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, cream and diced tomatoes. Then stir in the seasonings and allow it to come to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the uncooked elbows, put the lid on and decrease the heat to med-low. Simmer for 11-13 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir half the cheese in until it melts. Then sprinkle the rest across the top. Place the lid back on for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..
As much as I enjoy cooking, I still don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen. American Goulash is an easy, one-pot, classic comfort food made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles. Enjoy year-round, and delicious leftover, this irresistible Goulash Recipe is guaranteed to win over even the pickiest eaters! This One Pot American Goulash is the ultimate comfort food with the richest, most yummiest red sauce ever, thanks to a splash of red wine. Seriously, you've got to try this one.
I will just inform you that the recipe already tested, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory One Pot Creamy American Goulash. If you have questions or requests something like this article, entertain right to use us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com