Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. We are a family of pasta lovers through and through. Yet I always like to find different variations on the usual. Just like my Baked Chicken Spaghetti.
Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
Yes, you really can make baked ziti (well, "baked" ziti) in your slow cooker.
And the result isn't just good — it's amazing.
Yes, this is an easy recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the appetizing Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti for your breakfast with your associates or family. You can cook Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- You need Half of a large onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 Lbs of ground beef.
- It's of (2) 24oz jars of pasta sauce.
- It's 32 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It's 1 of egg (beaten).
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 Lbs of ziti pasta (uncooked).
- You need 6 cups of colby monterey jack cheese.
- It's of Non stick cooking spray.
What it lacks in the crispy-edges department it gains in the ooey-gooey comfort-food department: tender noodles coated in marinara and mixed with a double dose of melty cheese. These slow cooker liners make cleaning your slow cooker a breeze! How to Make slow cooker baked ziti Step by step instructions on making our slow cooker baked ziti: In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey with chopped onions. We love using Jennie-O turkey in our recipes, but any kind of turkey will do.
Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti step by step
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet; Drain fat..
- Return ground beef to skillet and mix both jars of pasta sauce with ground beef; Remove from heat..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Turn the slower cooker to high.
- Spray slower cooker with non stick spray.
- Spoon the sauce into the bottom of the slower cooker; Enough to evenly coat the bottom.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce evenly coated.
- Pour uncooked ziti noodles on top of ricotta cheese evenly coated.
- Sprinkle colby cheese on top of pasta evenly coated.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you reach the top of slow cooker; making sure the final layer is a generous amount of colby cheese.
- Put the top on slow cooker; cook for 4 hours or until pasta is tender. Avoid opening the slow cooker while cooking..
Short pasta like macaroni, penne, rotini, and others work best in this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti because they're less likely to clump and stick together. Long pasta cuts like spaghetti and fettucini are doable, but you may have to stir a couple more times in between. Turn your slow cooker to high when you add your pasta. Make this Slow Cooker "Baked" Ziti and get dinner done without the hassle! Crock Pot Pasta is the easiest, most comforting way to enjoy pasta.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you suitably follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Sharon's Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, absorb entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com