Unstuffed Shells. This Unstuffed Shells Casserole is all the flavors of stuffed shells without all the work. This can be made ahead of time and frozen for an easy dinner. This Unstuffed Shells Casserole checks off both of those boxes!
Made with pasta shells, ground beef DISCOVER.
As an Amazon Associate I earn.
Tomato Pesto - Saucy, creamy, delicious unstuffed pasta shells with butternut squash and tomato pesto.
Literally this is an easy recipe just later the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the appetizing Unstuffed Shells for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Unstuffed Shells using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Shells
- You need 4 cups of basic sized shell pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or turkey or sausage).
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 can (14 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each dried basil, brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of salt, Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each dried oregano, pepper.
- It's 2 of heaping cups spinach, chopped.
- It's 8 oz. of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I don't enjoy stuffing shells - takes far too long! - and for that reason, I just didn't. Cheesy jumbo stuffed shells have undeniable appeal, but preboiling and stuffing individual shells can be an ordeal. We set out to make an unstuffed version in which the pasta cooked directly in the sauce. If there's one thing you might have learned about me by now it's that I like to take unconventional spins on conventional, classic dishes.
Unstuffed Shells step by step
- Begin by cooking the shell pasta according to package directions. Then drain the shells, return them to the pot and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13" baking pan with foil and grease it. Set this aside also..
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and beef and cook, stirring often and breaking up the meat as it cooks, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat out..
- Add the garlic to the cooked beef and cook for a minute or so, until fragrant. Then add the crushed tomato, diced tomato, brown sugar and all seasonings, along with the spinach. Once the spinach wilts, remove it from the heat..
- Pour the beef mixture into the pot with the drained shells. Add in the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and stir it all together..
- Pour the shell mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan evenly over the top and cover with a piece of foil..
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the top foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes, until everything is heated through and the cheese is golden. Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..
One Pot Unstuffed Shells - this easy stuffed shell recipe is all made in one pot without all the extra work! It's a great weeknight meal that everyone loves, brought to you by HemisFares. These unstuffed shells are an easy and delicious dinner idea. Easy Stuffed Shells Recipe with Spinach and sausage is a comforting dinner for the whole family. Spinach Unstuffed Shells. click here to see more like this.
I would just to let you know this recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Unstuffed Shells. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, absorb way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily find it over later. The content source: https://cookpad.com