Italian Stuffed Shells. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Stuffed Shells are the ultimate creamy, cheesy baked pasta dish. Made with a creamy ricotta filling, and smothered in tomato sauce and cheese, Baked Shells is the perfect recipe to make when you are craving an Italian comfort food!
Today, we are stuffing these giant shells, known as Conchiglie in Italian, with a mixture of meat and cheese.
Any lean ground meat can be used in this recipe-beef, veal, chicken, turkey or even sausage.
Can I Freeze Italian Stuffed Shells?
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just subsequently the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Italian Stuffed Shells for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Italian Stuffed Shells using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Shells
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of hot water.
- It's 1 can (12 oz) of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of beef bouillon granules.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- You need 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- It's 2 cups (16 oz) of ricotta.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 24 of jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained.
Yes, you can freeze the stuffed pasta shells with ground beef once they've been cooked through. How to Reheat Italian Meat Stuffed Shells The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. How to Make Stuffed Shells with Ground Beef. Italian stuffed shells with ground beef and cheese (three kinds) is really easy to make.
Italian Stuffed Shells instructions
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink; drain..
- On medium hear, stir in water, tomato paste, boullion and oregano. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine egg, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Stuff shells with cheese mixture. Arrange shells in a greased 13X9 qt baking dish..
- Preheat oven to 350. Pour meat sauce over shells. Cover; bake for 30 minutes..
- Uncover; sprinkle remaining mozzarella. Baked until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes..
Here's a quick overview of the recipe: Start by boiling the jumbo shells. Brown the beef and make the meat sauce. Stuff the shells with cheese and arrange them in the baking dish with the sauce. For an Italian-style Sunday lunch, there are some dishes that are an absolute must: lasagna, stuffed cannelloni… but also baked pasta, or pasta pasticciata with meat sauce broiled in the oven. For a prettier presentation, though equally tasty - try stuffed pasta shells, shells filled with meat sauce and stringy cheese.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory Italian Stuffed Shells. If you have questions or requests roughly this article, occupy admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com