Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake).
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just in the same way as the additional ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the delicious Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake)
- You need 2 lb of ground beef or lamb.
- Prepare 1 large of onion - diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic - minced.
- It's 1 cup of tomato sauce (approx 1 - 8 oz can).
- You need 1/2 cup of dry red wine - I use shiraz.
- You need 1 can of petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can).
- It's 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of pasta - macaroni or ziti.
- It's 4 of eggs - divided.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese - divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick).
- Prepare 1 cup of ap flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease/spray a 13x9 baking dish..
- In a large skillet - brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add in tomato sauce, wine, can of undrained diced tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste - adjust seasoning if desired..
- While meat is simmering - cook pasta. Do not overcook - pasta should be just shy of al dente..
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and mix in olive oil, 2 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese..
- Now start the bechamel/white sauce. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk until it's a smooth paste. Cook for a minute or two but do not brown..
- Slowly add in milk and cook for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens..
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt, pepper & a bit of nutmeg. Mix in 2 beaten eggs & remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese. This will be a very thick sauce - if it's too thick to work with you can add a bit more milk..
- Assembly time : ) Spread half of the pasta mixture evenly on the bottom of the casserole dish - make sure bottom is completely covered..
- Evenly spread the entire meat mixture over bottom pasta layer..
- Top meat with remaining pasta..
- Pour the bechamel/sauce on top of noodles. With a spoon spread sauce making sure to get edges and corners. Sauce should be nearly to top of casserole dish - you may have a little leftover..
- Bake for 45 minutes - top will be golden brown. Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting. Enjoy : ).
Just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Bake). If you have questions or requests going on for this article, keep amused entry us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com